lally
pop
world
Ce qu'elle a dansé, elle a vécu.
What she danced, she lived.




Wednesday, October 16, 2013


Me and my friends love breakfast food. So much that we actually call ourselves "The Breakfast Club" and make it a point try out new breakfast places in town at least once a month. And for this month, we decided to try out Wildflour at The Fort.

I was kinda sceptical about going back to Wildflour because I wasn't all that impressed the first time I tried it, but I was outvoted 3-1, so Wild Flour it is. 

We went there at around 9 am on a weekday not expecting a crowd, so it was to our surprise when we got there the place was packed. And we forgot to make a reservation! Good thing they were able to squeeze us in. 

We were up bright and early
Counterclockwise: France, Butch, Juls & me

We were literally starving so we had to order fast. I was overwhelmed by their juice bar choices.

So many to choose from!

But juices can be pretty filling so we decided to skip that and order some real breakfast. Being with two semi-vegetarians and a pescatarian, it was a relief that their menu offered them a wide selection.

Butch had the Le Petit Dejuener - Php 295


Which had a croissant, coddled eggs, Greek yogurt and mango compote. I thought the presentation looked really pretty. Sadly, I didn't get to try it (read: allergic to mangoes) but Butch and the other guys seemed to like it.

Juls had the Salmon Toast - Php 450


It was a brioche topped with 2 eggs, salmon and bearnaise sauce. I loved the fluffiness of the brioche but found the bearnaise sauce a bit overpowering. And it looked small. But Juls said it was pretty heavy. But overall it was delicious.

France got the Asparagus Omelette - Php 360


Fluffy eggs with goat's cheese and asparagus. It was really tasty that it would put any non-morning person into a good mood.

And being the only meat-eater in the group, I decided to try The Wildflour Breakfast - Php 390


Pork sausages, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes and warm baguette. There is nothing bad about this plate. Maybe except the calories. And I love it!

We were so full after we finished our breakfast but we just couldn't resist their Chocolate Pudding.



Made from croissants and brioche bread with huge chunks of chocolate topped with cream. It was gooey, chocolatey--we forgot that we were so full that we demolished the whole thing in less than 5 minutes.

A breakfast at Wildflour's not complete with their famous CroNut - Php 120


Which was partly responsible for the long lines of people in the restaurant waiting to buy boxes of this pastry. I didn't get to choose which flavour I got (you only get what is available, and I ended up with the strawberry) and I took it home coz I was so full. I ate it a day later and it was still flaky, moist...now I know what the fuss is all about.

I was happy that Wildflour didn't disappoint me this time around. Maybe because the last time I went there was for dinner and their dinner menu is so-so. Averaging around 400-500 per person, it is a bit on the expensive side, but believe me, it's worth it.

Wildflour is located at:
G/F Net Lima Building, 4th Ave cor. 26th St.,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
(02) 856-7600

Labels: , , , , ,

 
Share/Bookmark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home